Sunday, November 22, 2009

Small Tag Book

At the StampScrapArt Tour in Mesquite, Texas in 2008 we made this tag book from Mrs. O'Leary's/Artfull Illusions-I believe that's the one. We stamped, punched, used decorative papers, clips and collage pics to make a small tag book. This is the front.

The back.

Inside front cover with folder made with decorative paper.

Page inside folder and ribbon run through holes to attach them.

Inside back cover with small tag and clip.

The night before the convention a MakeIt and TakeIt Project night is held with a dessert party that is such fun. You roam from one table to the next making projects-about 10 I think-from different vendors and then have more desserts than you should have to choose from. My bud, Jimmie, and I have gone two times and haven't been disappointed with the Friday night projects or the convention.

Friday, November 13, 2009

More cards, some new some not so much

Here are some I've done this year and never gotten around to posting.

This is a notepad holder covered with decorative paper and ribbon for the binding-white velvet/plastic back kind. I used Lumiere paint and Glimmer Mist to paint the ribbon-worked beautifully and makes a great binding. I added metal corners, stickers, lace trims and other embellishments.

I used the same technique of decorative paper and the ribbon painted and spritzed for this book. I also added word charms, trims,stickers and stamps to complete and give for a workshop friend's birthday.

A favortie image to color for a 'boy' card-this time a big boy, my SU demo's husband, Don. I stamped this image years ago at my bud, Jimmie's, house. I used Prismacolor pencils to color the image and Marvy ink pads to stipple the sky.

Say hello to 'Daisy' who is made up of parts of several stamps, a tag stamp for her body, the head from another stamp and the arms and legs from another. She is wearing metallic tights and rhinestone embellished ankle boots!

And always one of my favorites, a lily colored with Prismacolor pencils, plain and simple layered onto Bazzill cardstock.

Had to make a sympathy card and those are the hardest. These images are from CC Rubber Stamps, stamped with Versafine Sepia and colored with Prismacolor pencils. The background was done with a template and Marvy ink pads and stipple brushes.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

New cards and things

These were done at a recent workshop and made with a couple of different punches from SU and the 'Top Note' die.The turkey has a little window dome for the 'body' to put the corn in and the 'wiggle' eyes'.

This is a Christmas card using the 'Top Note' die, I love the colors on this one.

This one is not completed until you take the 'glow-in-the-dark' bracelet, make it 'glow' and add underneath the first layer of the jack o'latern to make his face glow. It's a box for candy to be put into-cute idea, thanks Valerie for all the good ideas and making me do 'cute' things!

Card for fall, using SU wheel, ribbon, punches and woodburning.

How appropriate for the cold and flu season, the 'body' is a petal from a floral stamp set and notice the 'tissue' coming out of the box at the bottom!

This was done in hopes of entering the contest at Blockhead Stamps recently-when I read the fine print it said that only 10% could be other than stamped images of theirs-I did 10% stamp and the rest 'other' stuff so I didn't enter it. I used many different things including grunge board, metal charms, mini puzzle pieces, paper napkins, stickers and some stamps.
I'm finally getting back into wanting to stamp and be creative after a year and a half of barely thinking about it, it sure feels good to be back at it!